is seeking a library director (librarian) to begin work in September 2018. The successful candidate will be: self-motivated, able to work independently, have strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure, have effective computer skills and a strong technical aptitude.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge of standard library organization, policies, regulations and procedures
- Oversee and direct the Library’s operations including public services, technology, administration and facilities management
- Offer exceptional customer service
- Assess the needs of the community for library services and ensure the delivery of high quality library programs and services
- Hire, train, supervise, and monitor the performance of personnel
- Oversee the maintenance of the Library’s collection by periodic weeding, shelf reading, making repairs, keep collection up to date by researching trends, publishers, and various media in the selection of new collection items
- Will work in conjunction with the Library Board to develop and maintain short and long-term goals for the Library
- Develop budgets with the treasurer, administer them effectively and monitor expenditure
- Prepare and submit annual provincial reports
- Update and maintain information on the library’s website and Facebook page
- Plan Youth events and services as well as outreach programs for seniors at Halcyon and Rotary Villa
- Attend monthly Library Board meetings with a written report of current library activities
- Participate in the Kootenay Library Federation (KLF) by attending meetings and participating in other KLF activities
- Recommend, plan, and implement various fund-raising activities with volunteers and Board members
- Keep statistics on library use and programs
- Research and apply for grants as the need arises
Application deadline is July 21st. Candidates selected for an interview will be decided upon by July 28th. Interviews will be conducted from August 7th to August 15th.
- Position is Full-Time with Part-Time negotiable. Salary range is $20.00 to $24.00 dependent on experience.
- Please send your resume to Paula Rogers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to: Nakusp Public Library, Box 297, Nakusp, B.C.V0G 1R0.